Wednesday, October 10, 2007

User friendly web site

This MACcosmectics.com website does a good of being simple and consistent. Each page has the same menu lay out and does not change. Also the fact that each tab has sub tabs makes it easier for the user to find what she wants. The layout is simple and does not distract from the user’s goal. Every time I visit this site it takes me a short while to find what I want and leave. “Users are not looking for a scavenger hunt, so don’t hide main navigational items” (p.184). On this site, the navigational items are obvious and clear. They are easily understood and you know exactly where to click.

Each page has just enough information and design on it so the user is more likely to see the information she wants. There is very little scrolling and little chance anything will be missed. The white space and background also makes the information stand out and is less visually crowding. This cosmetics web site is very user friendly. Less is definitely more.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this website. It is very easy to use and understand. It makes you come back for more. Nice pick!

Jennifer X Williams said...

Excellent example of a simple black and white website with splashes of color...so elegant!

Very navigational too!

I don't know if it was my browser...but I think the MAC font should have been bigger. Not sure if I am lovin the empty space on the bottom corners either...
Do you think the pictures should take up the entire space?