Friday, October 12, 2007

Blog #4 Chp 10

Chapter 10 focused on the page layouts and navigation. One of the examples given was of a website called http://www.devil.com. I have never heard of the site but found it interesting how difficult it was for users to find the sign up icon on the page. I had a 6 month trial membership for aol. When I got charged a fee for using it this month, I went on the site to find out how I could contact someone or get help in resolving the issue. I had so much trouble finding a phone number on the web page. Once you clicked contact us, it had the commonly asked questions page. I became frustrated and ended up calling my computer company to get the phone number.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I have never heard of that site either but when I finally saw it online it was not what I was percieving it to be.

Corey said...

I have had simiar experiences with AOL. A few times I've had questions and have gone to the contact us section only to follow a few links before I can find a phone number. But I learned my lesson and now if I ever have a problem or a question I go directly to the live chat option.

Anonymous said...

I must admit...I'm EXTREMELY glad my family ditched AOL. Can't stand 'em! They used to be really easy, fun, interesting...but they became quite cluttered and hard to get info from.

That must've been really annoying to not be able to find a simple number to call.