Friday, October 12, 2007

Simplicity

So what I have gathered from this chapter is that simplicity and consistency are key elements to navigation. Navigation can not be too complicated because it is essentially the way people travel on your site. It is sort of like giving directions if you make them too complicated with too many turns people are bound to get lost. The same goes for navigation simple is better.

Also I think being consistent with your navigation throughout the whole page is essential. It can not switch from one type of navigation to the next because it gets too confusing And people get lost. I was trying to think of a site that I use that does this and I couldn't think of any so either I have been to other sites that do this and have never gone back or no one really switches up navigation. If anyone has a good example for that let me know.

I think that for me simplicity in sites is important and I think that this chapter reiterates that. I like sites that are simple with a minimal amount of clutter. I think for me the apple site does this, there is minimal clutter, the navigation is simple, and you can find things easily.

No comments: