Friday, October 5, 2007

Collages

I had an interesting experience with my collage assignment this week that involved moving things from one picture to my collage canvas.

Basically, copying the selected segment using one of the selection tools didn't work 95% of the time. Most of the time I would get an inverted outline of what I wanted, and when I would go and invert my selection in the previous picture, it still didn't copy over the selection I wanted.

So I just started chopping up my originals and pasting them onto my collage canvas. That worked great.

I remember when doing the vegetable assignment the book briefly mentioned something about this, or something related to it. When I looked I couldn't find it though, which means I am hopeful that this would come up in the chapter on how to make a collage of elements.

Any ideas?

3 comments:

RDMillner said...

Are you sure you had the entire object highlighted? I had a similar problem and discovered that I had only selected the border of the object I wanted to move, not the entire object.

Anonymous said...

Maybe that was my problem. I definitely hightlighted everything, but it must have somehow only done the border.

Unknown said...

Yeah, you need to highlight the whole object to be able to copy and paste it on to the other canvas.