Sunday, October 7, 2007

Satisfy Your Users’ Expectations: Blog #4

In the book called, “Prioritizing Web Usability” by Jakob Neilson, it shows us on page 344 where to place information that users will be looking for when coming to a web site. An example he gave was links to corporate information are commonly found at the top and bottom of the homepages. This is a true because when you apply for jobs at a company, you find information about the company at the bottom of their page. If that information was placed elsewhere, then most users, even myself, would not be able to find the information. I can agree with his statement that placing items where people expect them to be ensures that you will see what you are looking for. Every time I load a webpage, I have expectations about where I will find the information I want.

No comments: