Saturday, October 6, 2007

Usability problems-Chp 4

One of my guilty pleasures is reading celebrity gossip. So, I turn to none other than www.perezhilton.com to get the latest scoop. I like the site but can't stand all of the ads that are located on the right hand corner of the screen. They are very distracting and I feel it takes away from the content and causes a usability issue.

For one of my other classes, we have to print out the assigned readings every week. Most of the articles are in pdf format. I know it only takes an extra few minutes but I can't stand the fact that I have to save the files to my drive and then print them out. PDF/Printing was listed on the scale of misery.

Finally, privacy/security settings I thought should have been listed as a bigger usability problem. If you don't feel comfortable entering your information on a website, you aren't going to return to it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I can totally agree that privacy and security settings should be on the list of usability problems because they are the two major problems that users have to deal with when signing up for certain types of organizations.