Monday, October 22, 2007

Craigslist

This website is very plain and straight to the point. When a user uses this site, they will be able to find what they need right away if it is looking for a job or trying to sell something. I really like how it separates listings into cities so people can find what they are looking for in the area they are located in. I think this website should have more color because I do not think that people would want to be on a site like this for a long period of time because I think they would get bored. The URL is: http://sfbay.craigslist.org/ What is your opinion?

2 comments:

drumdiva said...

I've never particularly liked this site, although I have used it. It's far too busy - an assault on the eyeballs. The links are easy to read, yes, but I think some creative use of white space would be called for here (for example, group a bunch of related links together, and then have white space around each grouping). Nielsen (or was it Norman?)states that we as humans automatically look to create order out of chaos, and that's what this website needs - a little order in all that chaos.

drumdiva said...

One more thing...

I looked at the site again, and it seems that links are grouped to a certain degree, but it is extremely difficult to tell because of the colors used (light gray and white). Everything just seems to run together - there are no clear cut boundaries.