Friday, September 28, 2007

Ugly But Useful!

Since we are still talking about the "Attractive Things" article, I thought I should bring up a website that is ugly but I find to be very useful...its Craigs List.



www.CraigsList.org




Craigs List is a website that is so horribly designed that new users of the site are overwhelmed when they look at it. Its basically a list of links and when you click you are taken to more links. No cute pictures, no spam, no annoying popup ads...just links. Eventually when you sort through all the links you are taken to an ad (often posted by an individual) of a product, service, etc.




I find this site to be one of the greatest websites around because people can post for free, they don't have to deal with nonsense (the Craigs List creators monitor posts and flag and delete anything that is misplaced, inappropriate, etc.). There may be many people who disagree with me, but you have to try it out and see for yourself.




Craigs List is the one site where you can buy a house, buy a car, get a job, meet a friend, have a one nite stand, find community events (when you are bored with the one nite stand) and more.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I do love me some Craigslist, but it took me a long time before I gave the site a chance and started to use it regularly. It really is quite painful to look at, at first...until you realize the glory in what it has to offer.

Everyone should check it out, regardless of how much it makes your eyes want to pop out of your skull.