Friday, September 14, 2007

This Could Be Useful!

So, I am one of those people who does not have Photoshop on my computer and I am not in the mood to spend about $400 to buy it.

Since this class is mostly working with the Photoshop program, I thought it may be useful to let others like me know that you do NOT have to purchase the program for this class! Here is how you do it:

go to the MyQ site (from the Quinnipiac website just click on the "MyQ" link at the page top, or go to https://myq.quinnipiac.edu). From MyQ, click on the Citrix link on the left side of the page. Login to Citrix with your Quinnipiac network name and password. Next, a window will open with various programs the school has for use from their network. If you go into the ADOBE folder, you will find the entire CS3 package, including Photoshop.

Now, I have found that it is a little slow but if you don't feel like coming all the way to school to do work, then this may just work for you.

4 comments:

drumdiva said...

I actually tried this after the first week of class, but could not save files from my computer to my home directory on QU's network. I think a client of some sort needs to be installed by the help desk for this to work properly.

drumdiva said...

Or, maybe I should elaborate - not the Citrix client itself, but another that would allow access to QU's network (other than MyQ or email, etc. etc.)

Unknown said...

You have to make sure that the certain citrix software is put on your computer.

Unknown said...

great for people that dont have the application and/or live far away....nice work