Thursday, September 27, 2007

I agree with Jess, I love the tabs feature. I like things organized and hate having a million windows open. The thing that I don't agree with Neilsen on is the website that he critiques on p. 79. It's like Imut said in regards to Neilsen, "People aren't stupid". I believe that Neilsen thinks people are stupid or rather the people that he studies have very basic understandings of the web. I visited the site http://www.zincbistroaz.com/index.html and found it very aesthetically pleasing and very easy to navigate. The eggs are a little over the top, but if we all follow the same exact guidelines when creating a site wouldn't the web get a little boring. I'm not saying that every site should be vastly different, I'm just saying that people like things that are unique, and know the web well enough to adjust to these differences.

One of my favorite sites actually just went through a little change itself. Apple.com has changed some of its design. Take a look.... http://www.macuser.com/stores/online_apple_store_gets_faceli_1.php?lsrc=murss

No comments: