Thursday, September 27, 2007

Opening New Browser Windows

On page 67 in “Prioritizing Web Usability”, it talks about opening new browser windows. I hate clicking the back button to find the page I was just at. I like the new feature on Internet Explorer or Safari where you can make tabs on the same pages of Internet sites you would like to view more of. I think this makes less of a mess when it comes to how many windows you have open on your computer. “Most fundamentally, they pollute users’ workspaces with more windows then they request, sometimes causing crashes or memory errors” (Nielson 67). This is true because the more windows you have open on your computer, the longer it takes for pages to load and keep up with what you are doing. That is why I love the new feature Internet Explorer or Safari have. Try it out sometime.

2 comments:

Nick Caruso said...

I agree. I love using tabs with Firefox. Then I can minimize/maximize only 1 window and I have all the windows I want open and easily findable via horizontal tabs. It's great.

Unknown said...

I totally agree. Isn't it so much easier?