Thursday, September 13, 2007

Blog #1

I really enjoyed chapter 2 of "Prioritizing web usability" because it talked about many things that I, as an avid web user, can relate to. The most interesting section was the one on deep links. "Deep links enhance usability because they are more likely to satisfy a user's needs" (p. 29). I agree with this one hundred percent. There are countless numbers of sites that I regularly visit because I was introduced to them through a deep link.
It also made me think of the many web sites that I may have missed because I didn't spend enough time on them. There are many web sites that are under visited because users either don't stay long enough or are unsure of where to find what they are interested in. Deep links introduce users to sites they never knew existed but would be interested in. It is very important for web sites to take advantage of this option so they can add to their user base.

No comments: