Monday, September 17, 2007

Attractive Things Work Better

After reading, “Attractive Things Work Better” written by Donald A. Norman, I came to the realization that a designer needs to make his design attractive and appealing to everyone. In this article, he talks about how people feel emotions when they hear music, recite a poem, or look at a piece of art. “How do you design something so that it can change from invoking positive affect to invoking a negative one?” (Norman 7). I thought this was interesting because when I think about web pages that appeal to me, I want to see one that goes straight to the point, has intriguing information, and is not too flashy. I thought I learned a lot from this article because I realized that designers never stop learning, and they always want new approaches to their craft.

No comments: