Friday, September 14, 2007

Bad Websites

Reading "Prioritizing Web Usability," reading other materials for other classes and thinking about design/layout in general, I've been thinking about bad websites. What I've come up with is that I don't know any bad websites. I've gone through everything I check on the web and I can't come up with bad websites.

I think I know why. Most of the information on the Internet is someplace else, articles and data are inevitably on multiple websites. If I don't like the layout of one website, I'll search for the same data and read it someplace else. If the design is bad then I won't go to that website again. The websites I keep going back to are ones that I find easy to use, have a good layout and are visually pleasing to me. Why would I use a poorly designed website when there are some many other, better desgined ones out there?

According to the research, I gather all this information in 30 seconds. Who knew?

No comments: