Friday, November 2, 2007

sensible guy

"Creating mulitmedia is far more costly and time-consuming than creating static illustrations, so when you're choosing between the two , opt for the most time-and cost-efficient format...." This statement is very practical and very sensible and I get it. I think he makes a good point and this is definetely a good guide for making a website for the most part. But sometimes I wonder is this Nielsen guy completely void of emotion. It seems as though everything he talks about is straightforward but where is the fun in designing a site. I understand that too much mulitmedia is not good but I think websites need a little bit of excitment to them, I just hope that there is a chapter on creating a fun website. lol

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I do not think there is. But, I do agree with you that he is very emotionless. But, he is very descriptive in his writing.

Trevor B said...

I see what your saying. I have wondered about this myself. For example, if every website was exactly how the authors discribe, would it be boring only "perfect" websites with out any issues or problems? Does that give them some personality?