Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Good For Design, Not For Publishing

I may be the only one, but I have come to hate trying to connect and publish webpages using photoshop alone. Dont get me wrong, I love the tool as a design medium to create the layouts and make the pages look exaclty as you want them, but connecting pages and content is a nightmare. I dislike the web galleries and hate the zoomify feature even more. I do not think they are aesthetically pleasing or very useful. Attatching videos has been a struggle as well.

All in all, I do not hate photoshop as a program because of this, as I know this is not what it was made for, but it is just frustrating spending so much time slicing and saving tediously over and over. Ill take photoshop to start the designs, but give me Dreamweaver or Flash for the rest.

3 comments:

drumdiva said...

Hmmm... I'm sure glad I bought the whole creative suite! :)

RDMillner said...

I agree with you completely. After having the suite and going back and forth between the different programs, its very hard to use just Photoshop. I've found that its forcing me to compromise what I'd like to do.But its also making me be more creative. I think that the limitations are forcing me be ore creative because I'm trying to overcome the limitations of the program and outsmart Photoshop.

Unknown said...

I can totally agree with you. It is very hard to just use Photoshop. Trust me making my website was very hard to do with just Photoshop alone.