Saturday, November 3, 2007

poor mix of multimeida

This website that I found has a multimedia element that really bothers me.

visit: http://hittmusicgroup.com/

There are a few reasons, but the main two reasons being that 1) the beginning page and intro takes far too long to load, even with a fast connection. And 2) once it is loaded and plays through the intro the actual site seems like they are designed by completely different designers. The intro is extremely well done and graphically advanced, while the site itself has a very basic set up that seems incomparable to the intro of the site. If you enter the 'services' area of the page and scroll down, you will even find graphics that are improperly stretched and modified. Looking at the differences throughout this site made me feel, as a prospective consumer, that this company could not be consistent in their product promotion and presentation..A reason why I veered away from using this company and they lost a potential client. Multimedia use should be consistent in quality and use throughout an individual site!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I can agree. I visit this website actually regularly and it actually really bothers me the the multimedia loads very slowly. I guess the makers of this page did not take in to consideration the users who have a slow modem.