Tuesday, November 13, 2007

mtv.com

Okay, don't make fun of me but I watch the Real World. I went on http://www.mtv.com tonight to watch last week's episode. I had no problems watching the show but there were several things that annoyed me. The show was broken up in to 5 clips. Right before each clip aired, the same :15 second commercial ran. I got tired of watching this commercial over and over again. Another thing that bothered me was how distracting some of the ads were on the site. On the right hand side of the screen, next to the video player, were flashing ads. I noticed that I kept looking away from the show to see what obnoxious ad was popping up on the screen. Overall, I like having the option to catch my shows online after I have missed them on television. I think it's a smart tool for websites to post full episodes online for their users to watch.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I watch it too sometimes don't worry. I makes me laugh every time I do. But, the MTV website has become more user friendly through out the years. More than usual.

Anonymous said...

I watch it too, don't worry! Though It'll NEVER be as good as the good ol' days of Pedro and Puck, Tami and David, and Julie and Kevin.

haha

anyways...I dont get why they repeat the same ads either. It's annoying. NBC does it ALL the time too. At least give me something different to ignore each time!

Anonymous said...

Thanks guys. I feel better. :)

I definitely agree that it has become user friendly and has gotten better over time. And yes, Nick. Don't they realize how annoying that it is? At least switch up the commercials. Old school Real World was the best.

Paul Fleck said...

I cant stand the ads online. I am a huge Heroes addict, but I always missed the new episodes in season one. I hated dealing with all the ad stuff so much I just bought the episodes off iTunes. But then again, I always need something to keep me entertained on our long roadtrips, so I dont feel too dumb.