Wednesday, November 21, 2007

The Barbican

The Barbican is an arts venue in London, and I absolutely love their website. Not many sites make me say "WOW", but this one does. It is so simple to navigate with a minimum of scrolling, and the Flash animation is not at all overdone. The white space on the page balances out the bright colors, which I find to be very attractive. If you navigate to other pages, you'll find that the color scheme changes as well as the content. I just can't say enough about this page - it just knocked me out visually. This is one of the best I've seen in a long time. Any thoughts? Agree or disagree?

The Barbican

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I can totally agree with you. I love the concept that this website gives to it's users. It makes me want to come back for more.

RDMillner said...

Its pretty impressive. Although I had to look at the site for several minutes before I found the links at the bottom. I'm not sure if they were meant to blend in or an after thought but they don't seem to pop as much as the rest of the site.

drumdiva said...

Actually, now that I look at it again, I notice that quite a bit is below the fold, which probably shouldn't be. I though, was immediately attracted to the links at the top of the page (theatre, film, etc.). I didn't even care that much about what was farther down, but as future designer, I really should care about those things!