Friday, November 9, 2007

"Let's talk about this off-line"..."After our morning download"..."PC load letter!"

It never ceases to amaze me how much the Internet has impacted every aspect of our daily lives. The Internet has not only changed the way we work but also the way we learn, live and communicate with each other. The perfect examples of this are the phrases, "let's chat off-line," or, "we'll download this information later." Tonight I saw another example of the influence of the Internet when I was watching the news. Yes, sorry to say this was the 10 p.m. news on a Friday night, but when times are tough you spend your Friday nights rubbing your two pennies together for heat and watching the news. I saw this newer segment on Fox called, "Rick's RSS," where Rick Hancock highlights a few websites and reports on the latest trends in technology. I think this is great idea to add a specific element in the newscast for technology and web related stories. I found it to be very informative and a refreshing change of pace from the standard segments and flow of the show. Check out the link for more information:
http://fox61.trb.com/news/local/newsatten/

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I just read the website you posted. I feel the same exact way as you that it will be very informative.