Sunday, April 27, 2008

Pop Art


Many of you may know the king of pop art is Andy Warhol. He wasn't afraid to use color and thus became very popular because of it.  Back in 1969, Esquire magazine put this picture on the cover of their magazine.  For one I thought it was very creative and ironic since one of the most noticed of Warhol's art is the one of the Campbell soup cans.  Then I looked at it closer and I don't know what program they would have used in 1969 to composite the two shots, but I am sure it wasn't Photoshop.  It's funny though because I immediately looked at it and went "Oh that was Photoshopped" as with a lot of other photos out there today.  Oh and you probably can't see it, but above the Esquire type it says the magazine sold for $1 in 1969!

Anyway here is a link to some of Andy Warhol's art if you are interested.



No comments: