Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Collages-pictures and cropping and layers oh my!

I haven't starting my collage yet; but its already starting to intimidate me. Just for fun I went to YouTube and looked up collages-surprisingly there are more than 40,000 videos! Warning: a lot of them are not in English. Some are tutorials, others are timed to music-but I suggest checking them out if not for a lesson just for aesthetic appeal.
In high school I used to make collages with magazine clippings on subject folders and sell them to people. I am looking forward to the project but I now its totally different in photoshop than with scissors and glossy magazine paper. Good luck everyone.

1 comment:

Barbara said...

The collage homework was overwhelming at times. However,I have figured out the layering part, but transferring pictures and cropping them are another matter.

I have found several websites that went into more details about creating collages using photoshop. And look forward to learning other aspects of visual aesthetics.