Friday, October 30, 2009

The Wonderful World of Fonts

Before last week's class, I was quite unaware of just how important fonts are and the extent to which they can affect your target audience. In a search for further knowledge about them, I came across this site which gives some history behind serif and sans serif fonts and presents a few interesting facts (at least I thought so) as well. For example, I was completely oblivious to the idea that serifs help the eye to stick to the line and thus facilitate reading.

After reading the article, I decided that my font library needed a little expanding and went on the hunt for some downloadables. The result of which procured two the following two web sites:

Blambot.com (pay for fonts)
Urbanfonts.com (free fonts)

Both have some really creative designs, although I'm not sure I'm ready to start paying for fonts just yet...even if they do give me a 'super-cool' comic look.

1 comment:

Twunked said...

This is awesome, Nick! And the second site is almost dangerous. So many to choose from ... so many to have ...