Saturday, October 3, 2009

Making room(s)

I came across an interesting article that refers to what the colors of a room in a house can say about the inhabitant. Although I would never go so far as to paint a room midnight blue, I would say it is my favorite color. According to this site, dark blue evokes sadness compared to the calming effect of light blue. Maybe I and our far university should lighten our tastes up to therefore get an extra dose of happy? No thank you.

Another morsel to chew on concerns the color white, which the article says "can make the room seem unfriendly." Is neutrality unfriendly? I don't think so. Considering that white and off-white are popular choices for rooms, I find this to be a bit of an odd statement.

The room I'm currently in features mostly beige walls (I like the calming effect of butterscotch?) although they were this color when I first moved in and painting them is priority No. 4732 right now. What do the color of the rooms in your house say about you?

No comments: