Monday, November 17, 2008

Business Cards

So at my totally awesome job, note the sarcasm, I had to update some contacts which meant going through hundreds of business cards. Considering that earlier in the semester we designed our own business card, I was paying attention to some of the designs.

One thing I noticed was that on a lot of the business cards, the person's name was very difficult to find. I feel like that is kind of an important part of a business card, and that you should design yours so your name and other pertinent information is clearly vi sable.

The point of design should be to impart the information you want to get across in a visually pleasing way. But if the information is hard to see or understand, the design might look cool but the point of the design is a failure.

No comments: