Sunday, December 9, 2007

In Review

So yesterday concluded a semester's worth of work in Visual Aesthetics with the final group of student presentations, including my own. Looking back, I personally have come a long way in my appreciation for a great website and an understanding for how they are constructed. It was no easy task completing my own design however, it was fun. The principles outlined in the Nielsen reading were easily defined and examples were paired quite nicely with both in-class assignments and homework.

This course has also given be a discerning eye for what works and what doesn't work in webpage design and I believe I have learned to become more critical. I find myself looking at webpages from an academic point-of-view rather than a casual standpoint. Things that I might have ignored or paid little attention to in the past now move into the foreground of my attention and in all honesty have made some of my searches quite intolerable. Perhaps the designer needs a quick refresher course?

Overall, I was inspired by what both myself and my classmates were able to construct using only Photoshop, some of us having never tinkered with the program until September of this year. I hope next semester's classes are just as fulfilling.

And, just a quick reminder that Saturday was far superior to anything produced/discussed/debated in on Friday's. That's not speculation. It's well researched fact!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

What do you mean Friday vesus Saturday? Did you sit in on both classes?

irregularmut said...

Wow, nice joke James. But we brought a totally new perspective to web design on friday. Good try but you have to deal with the facts:P

drumdiva said...

Yeah, we in the Friday class represent what's UP and COMING! We are the wave of the future! :)

Unknown said...

Umut and the facts are what?