Saturday, November 7, 2009

Flash and usability- a study

Flash interfaces open new doors for designers. The level of interactivity has increased dramatically. However some people, like Jacob Nielson, claimed that Flash: 99% Bad . I believe that there is always a way to increase the level of interactivity, without murdering the usability of any website.

The designers' Dilemma is always: To Flash or Not To Flash?

I totally believe that there are another ways of using Flash without destroying the usability of the whole website.

I was looking for some information about this issue and I found a study that was conducted to prove that Flash is valuable. The study was conducted through a group called "BIT". Here is a link of the study: http://www.boonelutz.com/portfolio/flashusability/
I enjoyed reading this artcile and I agree the the Flash is a powerful tool.

No comments: