Friday, October 10, 2008

ICM And Me

A few weeks in and I said to myself, "wow we are getting good at this." I said this after looking on the wiki at everyones words, texts and business cards. I laughed a little because I thought back to our Khandinski replications. 

Not only in ICM 502 but in all my classes, this program forces you to learn so quickly and efficiently that it only takes a small amount of time to catch up on new technologies. 

This program truly is efficient and useful for anyone, anywhere. I have two blogs (soon I will be involved in three), I am using photoshop at a substantial level (with no prior knowledge), and I am learning all these new ways to create websites and fun programs (i.e. delicious/zotero/mibbit).

I cannot wait to see what else is going to be offered, I feel as if this just keeps getting better and better.  

3 comments:

EPerkins said...

I am really surprising myself as well. I am in my third semester out of 6 in the program and I think of how far I have come. I like Photoshop because it allow almost anyone to be an artist. I have tapped into some talents I didn't know I had and honestly I haven't been able to be this creative in a long time. The homework can be challenging and time consuming but it is so much more rewarding than reading a book or writing a paper.

Jon Richichi said...

Absolutely, I have to admit I was scared of photoshop when I was trying to recreate Kandinsky. But now by just playing around with the program and picking up different parts of it every week, I can say I'm almost there to master it!

Barbara said...

I too,was hesitant to take ICM 502 having no prior knowledge of photoshop. However, the fast pace at which were going makes me learn more efficiently.I have a greater appreciation for website designers.