Monday, April 13, 2009

Good Web site design


Designing my website, I wanted to make sure users had an easy time navigating the pages. But I've been having trouble coming up with a creative design that is still very intuitive. Here's a Website I came across that is easy to navigate, but still has a really interesting and unique layout.
There's a screen shot above. (It's a website for motorcycle gear.) I like how the page is very textured, almost literally. For most of the items, the background is textured like a part of the jacket or pant, and then there are three pictures of the item. The one in the foreground sort of jumps out of the rectangle frame. It's simple, but adds a nice element that you wouldn't expect.
It's a great design for a motorcycle apparel site, because people want to see all the details of the item, plus the full item itself. And the page does it consistently so it's not annoying.

No comments: